Swine in the Laboratory Surgery, Anesthesia, Imaging, and Experimental Techniques, 3rd Edition is available to download free in pdf / epub format.
For two decades, Swine in the Laboratory: Surgery, Anesthesia, and Experimental Techniques has been the most respected practical technical guide for medical and veterinary researchers using swine as experimental animals. Extensively updated and expanded since the publication of the second edition in 2007 and now sponsored by the American College of Laboratory Animal Medicine (ACLAM), it continues to be the most authoritative source of scientific and technical information on the use of domestic and miniature swine in research.
- New chapters on toxicology, transgenics, cancer models, and necropsy techniques
- An overview of porcine models that were not included in the previous edition
- Updates to chapters on the various body systems
- Contributions from 25 new coauthors, as well as a new coeditor
- Significant expansions to the accompanying DVD, including new normal data on farm and minipig breeds, videos on training swine and surgical procedures, updated anatomical imaging, and a colored histological atlas